Thursday, January 28, 2010

Really?

As we all know by now, president Obama gave his first State of The Union speech last night. Matthews, who appeared on network TV shortly after the speech, said of the president:

"I was trying to think about who he was tonight. And uh, it's interesting. He is post-racial, by all appearances. You know, I forgot he was black tonight for an hour....

"I was watching, I said, 'wait a minute!' He's an African-American guy in front of a bunch of other white people and there he is president of the United States and we've completely forgotten that tonight -- completely forgotten it!"


Watch the video below.


I'm baffled at how some of these people make it to get where they are in their careers. I mean, come on REALLY? That was the first thing that popped in your head to say?! You had to of known they were going to get you for it! I'm thinking maybe we should elect Tracy Morgan for president next election so no one gets it twisted. What do you guys think?

Photobucket

Clearing the air...

Chris Matthews Explains the "I Forgot He Was Black Comment"

Chris Matthews clarified his statement on Rachel Maddow's MSNBC show shortly after he made the remark, on the evening of January 27, 2010. Matthews asked to address "what I mentioned earlier tonight." Maddow allowed him to continue. Matthews then went on to talk about "how far we've come in the past year" and praised Obama for "taking us beyond black and white in our politics" in just the last year.

Ok Chris I get it. But still, what you said last night was really ghetto, and for a minute there... I forgot you were white!

I-M

No comments: