Monday, April 26, 2010

You Go Sicko!



Sounds like someone got their feelings hurt by not being drafted if you ask me. I'm not sure if I've ever heard of this? Especially after seeing a decent amount of undrafted players go on to have good, if not outstanding careers. "Kurt Warner"

This is a very interesting story about a guy who now refuses to play in the NFL simply because he didn't get drafted. Sicko states the reason for his decision is that he feels more comfortable pursuing his education then taking a chance on a sport that didn't see him valuable enough as a draft pick.

I'm sorry but you only get one chance to make NFL money man, and this guy has multiple teams now after him! Doesn't this dude realize that there are more available players than there are draft spots. If there had been 8 rounds he probably would have been drafted, and his feelings would have been spared the anguish... now we will never know :(

Like I said before, I think this is more along the lines of a decision based on hurt feelings. I mean come on, what if Tom Brady got pissed off cause he wasn't picked until the sixth round, and decided to become a dentist?! How much money would he have missed out on?! Eh, I mean dentists make decent money but come on!

This guy wants to do what he thinks is best for him financially right? If that's the case, then I think this is a bad decision. Scott Sicko, I know you are going to hear it a million times, but your name is very befitting to someone that seems a bit sick in the head.

Sicko's Statement:

"Some people will think I'm absolutely out of my mind, and I understand it," Sicko told Mark McGuire of the Albany Times Union on Saturday night. "I completely see where they're coming from. ... If I were to be drafted I would have had more confidence of a much longer career in the NFL. I have to look at my life and decide what will make me the happiest. And the thing that will make me the happiest now and in the long run is to pursue my education."


Click HERE for more of the article, written by Doug Farrar on Yahoo.com.

No comments: