Monday, May 17, 2010

Treats

Once again, Brooklyn Stand UP! Although this is Brooklyn-by-way-of-Florida... still stand up!

That debut Sleighbells album is out now and it's fire. They were in studio last week on Sirius's XMU with Jenny LSQ... good stuff, had much fun listening to that. If you people haven't listened to XMU on Sirius it's pretty much worth the Sirius subscription payment in itself. It's a great station.



I guess I'm jumping on the Sleighbells bandwagon as of today. This electro-rock band is rising fast! Members Alexis Krauss and Derek Miller have pretty much taken the Indie world by storm over the past few days with this release. These songs will give you energy. Go grab them and give them a listen. The album is entitled "Treats" and it's LOUD by the way. First leaked on NPR, I believe, the buzz around it has been ridiculous to say the least. It was also co-released by M.I.A.’s new N.E.E.T. Recordings imprint.



I LOVE Alexis's voice, it's SOFT and CALMING, but will WHOOP your ass, and the BEATS by Derek are SICK! As much as this is probably going to be said, I can't resist saying it here... the album definitely lives up to its name. LINKS! iTunes MySpace

I-M

No comments: