Monday, May 2, 2011

R's for Revenge boys and girls


A wise man once said, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Don't worry I'm not going to sit here and write a blog about how Osama didn't deserve his fate. I strongly believe that people should be held accountable for their actions, whether good or bad. It's just the sight of seeing people, teens, adults, children cheering the death of another person... it bothers me. It actually doesn't JUST bother me, it alienates me. It makes me feel alone, like I don't belong. Like I'm completely separated from the majority.


In the U.S. we publicly celebrate the death of our enemies. We dance in the street at the sight of their dead body. We wish the worse on our enemies, not only in life, but in death. We chant "USA USA USA"


Let's face it! Murder is justice in our world. At the very heart of our justice is vengeance. It's totally acceptable right? We can trace this back to the playground. "Now, Johnny, if a kid pushes you, you push him back! You don't take crap from anyone!"

It's ingrained in who we are, it's our nature...........


I guess, I'll be the one to stand up and ask the questions, "Where has it gotten us? Where will it take us?"

Today America looked just like THEY did when 911 happened. I'm just not so sure that's a step forward. Maybe it is for some, but not for me. I demand more, and I don't care if I have to demand it standing over here by myself.

We will forever be headed down the darkest path until we realize the true power of love and light. Faith alone should be enough to quench the thirst of vengeance. We're a Christian nation correct? Our impatience is brutal, and our beliefs are weak at best. Instant gratification should be our religion. Death to all who oppose!

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: