Tuesday, October 19, 2010

'Wake Up!'



When a top music executive found out that John Legend was working with the Roots on an album dedicated to social change and activism, he didn't give Legend words of encouragement.

"What the hell are you doing?" is what Legend recalls that executive saying.

Full Article HERE

I find this funny because it's like "Oh yeah? You want to make a song with 50 cent about making it rain and smackin' hoes? GREEN LIGHT!" Then it's like "Wait you want to make an album with The Roots on social change and activism? Seriously? Are you out of your effing mind?"

I would love to know who the exec was. Possibly an Illuminati member? lol I'm seriously curious to know what usual cyclical breeding of negativity he/she's responsible for.

As for the album, I personally can't wait to hear it and plan on bumping the ish out of it.

More on the article... I found it funny that Legend gave his demo to Quest back in the day at a U of Penn event and Quest circular filed it. Another example of A BUSINESS OPP MISSED! A&Rs, Execs, Decision makers take a note to the album title and Wake UP! GET THE BLING OUT OF YOUR EYES AND TURN DOWN THE RADIO IN YOUR SLS AMG there's TALENT a brewin'!

I-M

2 comments:

A Sideways Girl said...

I haven't listened to this yet, but it is certainly on my list. Also, I couldn't agree with you more about the music execs! "Get the bling out of your eyes" - love it!

Indie-Monster said...

Thanks Sideways! I found this article on Yahoo and it hit a special nerve so I had to post on it. Still waiting to hear myself as well.

Thanks for the comment!