Saturday, October 9, 2010

Love Revival Anyone?

If someone ever comes up to you and asks you if you want to have a love revival, say yes.

Last weekend I was able to experience one of my own and I wasn't disappointed.



Brother Joscephus and the Love Revival Revolution Orchestra made me feel like I was 12 years old and at my first concert. The energy was absolutely amazing and the show, THE SHOW was one that I will never forget.

The Story:

It all started when I was sitting down and eating meatballs. I suddenly heard a horn reminiscent of the kind you would hear during a Mardi Gras celebration in New Orleans... I thought to myself. "Got-Damn these meatballs are good!" Then I realized even though the meatballs were good, it wasn't about the meatballs! There really was an actual Mardi Gras marching band coming towards my face, but this was no ordinary Mardi Gras band, this was Brother Joscephus and the Love Revival Revolution Orchestra, a 12-piece explosion of righteousness that blends New Orleans party music, Soul in the style of Ray Charles and Al Green, a good helping of jam-bandy Roots Rock and a righteous splash of good, upbeat Gospel without the religious overtones (They like to call it "secular gospel").



I was hooked. My feet were moving, I was dancing and I knew right then and there that I had to make time to see them live that evening. WHAT GREAT PROMOTION!

As stated before... I wasn't disappointed. They put on a great show at the Rusty Rudder, and I will be on the lookout for them to come to Philly to do the same thing. Video below! EN-JOY!


A Child Shall Lead

Brother Joscephus & the LRRO | Myspace Music Videos


I-M

No comments: