Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dewey Beach Review

Both DBMC and Chicken Soup are good for the Soul...

All I heard for three days straight, not only coming out of my mouth but out of others as well was, "I'm so happy." There was genuinely a great vibe in the air that I think everyone felt. The mentoring sessions and speed networking sessions were priceless. I believe that I really helped the artists that I spoke with, and it gave me a prime opportunity to network myself. It's places like this where you really get to see the passion behind the music. And, as for the music itself, V. Walls should be proud of her ears. That didn't sound like an indie music conference, it sounded as if it was an indie music awards show. Great artists all around! I don't think I could have ended my summer any better.

That was the quote I gave after returning from what I now think to be one of the best if not THE BEST indie music conference on the East Coast. Once again mad props to Jim Thorpe and Vickie Walls for throwing one amazing shindig. Also, mad props to the bar tender at The Cove... dude knows how to make a drink.


Frank Donato, Me, Steve Szymanski


Yeah, that's me after a couple Jameson and Gingers... see bartender comment above. DBMC truly was a great conference and there truly was a great vibe in the air. And, I'm positive it wasn't from the Irish Whiskey, it was definitely from the great music and networking that went on for three straight days.

Big Ups to the bands/acts/artists that I got a chance to see perform:

Brother Joscephus and the Love Revival Revolution Orchestra
Website

Da Rezarekt
Website

Cliff Hillis
Website

The Quelle Source
Website

Fools For Rowan
Website

Find Vienna
Website

Blair Bodine
Website

Bruce Torres
Website

Also, Big Ups to the others that I didn't get a chance to see, but heard they tore it up.

Rod Kim
Website

Hippocampus
Website

Davin McCoy
Website

Avi Wisnia
Website

Glen Landing
Website

Jennings
Website

Tiva Tiva
Website

The Mechanicals
Website

Also, I would like to send a shout out to Cedar Street Studios Website Great hanging out with you Ted Richardson, you're a good guy! I know I've probably forgot or left someone out... just know that it wasn't on purpose! Much respect and love to all whom attended and performed! See you there next year!

I-M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot ME! mad props to me.

Indie-Monster said...

Mad props to you me!