Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm a MySpace Freak

Ok, I have held back long enough, but it's gotten to the point where I have to speak up and say something. MySpace's last update has been a complete disaster. I am annoyed beyond all possible annoyance.

For a company as big as News Corporation, and I can say this because my last day at Fox is tomorrow, to launch something, to which I consider to be one of the biggest music ventures of the last ten years, and to not make sure that it's tested!? AHHHHHH WTF! Everything is screwed ... plays are screwed. Songs are screwed. People can't even upload new material. Pages are slower to load. Indie labels are hurting because ... to be honest. Who the hell wants to release an album right now? You can't put up the new music! One third of your promotion is missing if you use MySpace as a tool to promote. And, let's be honest most Indie labels use MySpace to promote.

Now, will they get away with it? Yes, of course they will... they're MySpace. Will the frustration all go away once things are ironed out? Yes, it will. If you really take a look at what has happened over the last year it's pretty impressive. MySpace has found a way to incorporate the big four major labels into their music. Now, all four major music labels are participating, giving MySpace Music the world’s largest online catalogue available for streaming. Although, the lack of Indie that has been made available erodes my excitement. Eh, almost.

But, Hey, let's face it, there are too many addicted teens, freaks, fans, dependent musicians, labels and stalkers to stop using MySpace. Still, what has happened to the integrity of business. Are we in such a hurry to get something up now a days that we sacrifice quality and service? H mm ... maybe I'm overreacting, maybe this was the only way they could update without shutting down? Maybe I'm a MySpace Freak!


Good Article HERE.

No comments: